Attention authors, artists, filmmakers and fabricators…spots for SOBSFic Con vendor tables are now open!
There are only 30 tables available, so register early now.
SOBSFic Con Vendor/Artist Information:
· Each vendor/artist may purchase one (1) table only. Each table costs $80. Purchase includes entry for one attendee.
· In order to ensure diverse representation, available tables will be allocated between authors, artists, comics/graphic novels and miscellaneous. In the event that the tables in your category have been selected you will placed on a waiting list to be notified if a table becomes available.
· Vendors will be notified if they have been selected for a table by March 1, 2016. At that time we will contact you to confirm your desire for a table. Payment will be due at this point.
· Please note that each table is 6’ x 2’ or 8’ x 2’ and only comes with two chairs. Additional chairs may not be available.
· The convention goes from Saturday, June 11, 2016, 10:00 am – 11:00 PM and Sunday, June 12, 2016, 10:00 AM – 11:00 PM. Vendors/artists can leave their goods overnight if needed. The vendor/artist room will close around 7:00 PM on Sunday (June 12) to ensure that everyone is given ample time to pack up their goods.
· Vendors/artists will not be allowed to start setting up until 8:00 AM on Saturday. This is to ensure we have the room properly set up and properly staffed to assist you with setting up. You may, however, check in with our vendor organizer earlier than this time.
· Each vendor will receive one vendor badge for attendance. Additional vendor badges can be purchased for $10; up to three badges total.
All vendors/artists are required to abide by the following policies:
· You may not set up goods until you have checked in with the Vendor Organizer.
· Table placement is assigned prior to the con. Changes will be made only for extenuating circumstances.
· The sale of food/drinks/snacks/etc. of any kind is prohibited.
· You may not sell any 18+/adult products at any time during the convention. SOBSFicCon is considered a safe environment for everyone of all ages. These products do not include science fiction, horror and fantasy works written for adults, of course, but DO include erotic speculative fiction, which can be sold, but not displayed, if the cover is “erotic” or overtly sexual. Artists cannot display works that display nudity, sex or graphic sexual innuendo.
· You may not sell any weapons, including knives, guns, clubs, staves, bows, crossbows, whips, etc. Realistic facsimiles also cannot be sold.
· You are required to submit a vendor/artist registration form. You will not be assigned a table if you have not registered. The vendor / artist registration form is available at the official State of Black Science Fiction Convention website at the bottom of this page.
· You may not sell any goods that would violate any of our existing policies.
Please note: The last day to request a refund for your table is May 11, 2016. There will be no refunds given after that date.
SOBSFicCon isn’t responsible for lost or damaged property.
By attending SOBSFicCon you agree to the vendor/artist policy and attendance policy.
SOBSFicCon reserves the right to make changes to these policies at any time.
Spread the word! Use #SOBSFicCon and #buyblackscifi